Tuesday, April 24, 2012

best place to walk/hike on the dunes, away from dune buggies

I was in Oregon several years ago, and remember climbing on the dunes somewhere near Reedsport. At that time, anyway, there were no vehicles in that area, and it was fantastic. I think we had to access the trail by parking at a campground area, if I recall. My partner and I will be travelling in Oregon this July, and want to try to find that or a similar spot. Can anyone suggest where is the best place to hike walk out on the dunes?



best place to walk/hike on the dunes, away from dune buggies


From the Siltcoos River, 8 miles south of Florence, all the way to the mouth of the Umpqua River, the dunes and ocean shores are off limits to OHV%26#39;s. There are several good access points along this stretch starting with the Dunes Overlook on down to Sparrow Park Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment