Monday, April 23, 2012

Pan-asian restaurant?

Anyone know of a really good (and inexpensive) pan-asian restaurant in Portland? Or just a good Vietnamese, Japanese, or Thai place? I want a neighborhood restaurant (no chains) with a nice atmosphere for lunch or for an early dinner.

Pan-asian restaurant?

Silk is a wonderful Vietnamese place in Portland, in the Pearl on NW10th %26amp; Glisan

Thai-Typhoon on Broadway, on SW Broadway

Miso Happy on NW 23rd (the least expensive of the three) and very good.

Pan-asian restaurant?

You can find some good (I think) Thai places that are resonable in price($5-10) near Portland State University. I%26#39;ve eaten at both places and I think they are pretty good-atmosphere is probably not as hip as stuff in NW Portland-but still nice.

Baan-Thai Restaurant- pretty good-nicer of the two in atmosphere-but they can be slooow during lunch. It is REALLY HOT food- I%26#39;m a lightweight and their %26#39;no spice%26#39; does me about in.

Thanh-Long Bakery %26amp; Restaurant

This is the better of the two restaurants-foodwise, I like their pho. The bakery looks pretty good too, but I%26#39;m always so full after I eat, I never get anything. The atmosphere is ok-they%26#39;ve re-done the restaurant, but you can tell it used to be a 60%26#39;s diner type place.

Both of these places are located almost right next to each other on SW Broadway.

I like these places, but I%26#39;m no foodie...


chinookgirl, I have to go try Thanh-Long Bakery %26amp; Restaurant !

I love pho :)

Have you been to Miso Happy on NW 23rd? love it..bet you will too ..


Typhoon on 23rd is good, as is BeauThai on 21st. Misohapi (nowhere near as cheap as the misspelling %26#39;miso happy%26#39; implies) is great for lunch, I was just there on Saturday. It%26#39;s on 23rd between Marshall and Northrup. Under $10/person. If you want good sushi, go to Mio right off 23rd on Johnson in a renovated house. A little more upscale is Saucebox. In there Pearl, there%26#39;s Pho Van, and I had the best Thai the other day at Esan on SW 2nd. Good luck!


MPinkG--The Pho Van in the Pearl is now called Silk (which Scarlett already listed). It is good though!


MPinkG, have you tried the Typhoon on Broadway ? That is the original Typhoon and so much prettier and imo, better food..same food but we like it better. Try it if you are still here in Portland. :)

Miso Happy is about as cheap as you can get without getting it off of a truck lol.

Their lunch soups (pho) are wonderful but I am hooked on their Pad Thai and spicey noodle dishes ( they all make me cry from the spices lol)

and yes, Pho Van has been Silk for some months now- beautiful restaurant, lovely Pho...we were just there, my weekly ';fix'; lol.


Right outside of downtown Portland, in the funky NE Alberta Arts area, is a great Thai influenced place called, Siam Society. The food is great and the building is very original.

All within walking distance from there are several art galleries,coffee shops, and bars. It%26#39;s a total neighborhood experience.

http://www.siamsociety.com/Welcome.html


Awesome, thank you so much everyone! I%26#39;m really hungry now...


For Thai, Typhoon is hard to beat. Also like Thai Basil on NE Broadway. Doesn%26#39;t look like much, but very tasty.

Be-Won is good for Korean in Northwest.

We also like the Pho and the chicken curry at Thanh Long.

Haven%26#39;t been to Silk yet, but Pho Van was always good for something light and fresh and filled with lemongrass.


I just ate at Miso Happy last weekend (April 2009) and it was terrible. The sauce had no flavor, the staff were disinterested in customers, and the menu options were lacking variety - or even anything exciting for that matter.

If you are walking down NW 23rd and hungry, just walk on by Miso Happy - because despite the cute name, you won%26#39;t be happy you ate there. There are plenty of other good, cheap Asian restaurants on that street.

  • learn and study bible
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment