Monday, April 16, 2012

Phoenix Inn

We have stayed at the Inn for several years. Missed last year because it was unavailable. Have been reading some very bad reviews of late. Can anyone give me the ';scope'; on why things have turned so negative. Also, does anyone know when the Oxford Inn will open? Thanks for any imput!



Phoenix Inn


The news releases I have seen only state ';Spring 2009'; or ';Summer 2009';. I can report that they are working on the exterior facade and the brick work appears to be complete. Scaffolding is starting to come down which has to be a good sign... right?





Before our current home was completed my family used to always stay at the Phoenix when they were visiting from out of town. Mom was pleased with it, but it%26#39;s been a couple years. My best guess is that the complaints were due to ongoing construction... seemingly never ending! That being said they are not the friendliest folks to deal with for ';locals'; ... I tried arranging for a meeting room there once and it was a hassle and very expensive. Other than that I have no recent experience with them.





Sorry I can%26#39;t be of more help. Hopefully this helps you make a decision about where to stay. If you do stay at the Phoenix I hope you will post a follow up so there is more relevant information.



Phoenix Inn


Thanks for the info. I think we will most likely give the Phoenix a try again this year. I will certainly post a review. While I have your attention, my son lives in Bend and is getting married next Spring of Summer and I am looking for a place for wedding and reception for about 100 people. Can you be of any assistance on that front?




Hope you have a great visit this summer. It%26#39;s supposed to be a hot one... eventually. (Though maybe not as hot as Arizona!)





Aspen Hall is a nice place for weddings in Bend. The ceremony can be held outdoors along Shevlin Pond if the weather is nice, and it%26#39;s a beautiful setting. Since it%26#39;s operated by parks %26amp; rec you have to apply to hold events there. Due to it%26#39;s popularity I suggest someone camp out at registration on the FIRST day it%26#39;s available to be booked. Check with them for details (www.bendparksandrec.org). While you are talking to parks and rec you could also check to see if Hollinshead Barn can accommodate a group that size. It would be more of a rustic venue.





I%26#39;ve heard you can rent the lobby of the Tower Theater for wedding but I%26#39;ve never been to one there. It%26#39;s a fairly art-deco-looking venue so it would be nice for a couple that is looking for something offbeat.





Many of the resorts also host weddings - Seventh Mountain, Black Butte, Sunriver and Eagle Crest have indoor and outdoor facilities available.





Finally... consider holding the ceremony outdoors at one of Bend%26#39;s parks. My friends were married at the summit of Pilot Butte last year (with 35 people and *every* mountain in the Cascade range in attendance). It was really nice! Of course, there is no center aisle and anyone else who happens to be around will probably also watch the ceremony... so it depends on what%26#39;s important to the couple! Of course, you can always travel to another location for the reception (theirs was at Aspen the next day).




Again, your help is appreciated!! The Tower Theater sound interesting. Have given your ideas to my son. Did make reservations at Phoenix and told them that I was going to ';post'; an update on Trip Advisor. May have more ?%26#39;s later. Thanks again. It%26#39;s 101 in Tucson today!

No comments:

Post a Comment