Wednesday, April 18, 2012

restaurant recommendations

Can someone recommend a good restaurant in Seaside for an anniversary dinner? It doesn%26#39;t have to be a fancy white table cloth place, just a place with good food/wine and preferably ocean views. We really like seafood, but aren%26#39;t opposed to other cuisines if there are good specialty restaurants.

I%26#39;ve gotten the impression that a lot of people on the forum strongly prefer Astoria and Cannon Beach to Seaside, so let me defend my decision before I get lambasted. :) (I%26#39;m snobby about east cost beaches, so I can understand where everyone is coming from.) We plan to spend Monday, May 25th driving from Portland out to the coast. I want to be able to spend some of the day checking out Astoria, and then head to Seaside for the evening. I like cheesy boardwalk promenades, so Seaside doesn%26#39;t seem like the most awful place in the world to stop for our anniversary. It actually sounds like a cute place. We%26#39;re staying one night, spending the morning checking out Cannon Beach, then driving down to Yachats to explore that area for several days. The Yachats/Newport area appeals to me more than the northern coast.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

restaurant recommendations

Not to worry about lambasting. I have been going to Seaside since I was very little. I%26#39;ve always enjoyed it, although it is growing up too much now with the big hotels on the Promenade. Ah, progress.

You will not really find ocean front dining in Seaside. There is the Shilo and I believe one other ocean front restaurant.

Rather than dine at one of those spots, how about a pre-dinner cocktail at the Shilo. It%26#39;s great for people watching and seeing the water.

Then, take a walk up the street to Yummy Wine Bar. A fantastic selection of wine as well as small plates.

http://www.yummywinebarbistro.com/index2.html

Enjoy your time on the Oregon Coast!

restaurant recommendations

I like your suggestions! Is it necessary to make a reservation for Yummy? We%26#39;ll be there on Monday, May 25th, which is Memorial Day.


In Astoria go to the Bridgewater Bistro, you will have gorgeous water views of the Columbia River here. In Seaside, Yummy Wine Bar serves the best food but you will not have views here. You may want to consider Maggie%26#39;s on the Prom, we dined there a few times last summer and it was very good. For Italian food, I would go to Taste of Tuscany, there is an adult%26#39;s only dining area there, tell them it is a special occasion when you make your reservations.

Another fantastic choice for a special occasion is The Stephanie Inn, no views but some of the finest food on the coast, Crystal Corbin does an excellent job here as Executive Chef. You will need to guarantee your reservation with a credit card here, there are two sittings for dinner. If I think of any other places I%26#39;ll let you know. Stop by Norma%26#39;s Ocean Diner in Seaside for some great seafood, very casual tho. It just won the ';cutest Seafood dive'; award in this month%26#39;s Coastal Living magazine.

Have a great time on your trip! :)


Yes, I would make a resevation at Yummy if you%26#39;re sure that%26#39;s where you want to go! :)


There have been some discussions about the Stephanie Inn dining room in the past. Now, I%26#39;ve never been there, but from what I understand, there is a *very* limited menu, and the chef comes out and ';explains'; each course to you before you eat. Others on these forums have said that it is all rather pretentious, which is what it sounds like, lol. Very expensive with a view of the parking lot . . .

If you like Lewis %26amp; Clark history, I%26#39;d encourage you to cross the bridge and drive about 15-20 minutes to Cape Disappointment. There is an excellent interpretive center about L%26amp;C. It is a very nice area for a walkabout, too :-)

Take the little trolley ride in Astoria, if it%26#39;s running. It%26#39;s a bit silly, but kinda fun!


You%26#39;re right about Stephanie Inn, half-Brit. It%26#39;s a fixed four-course menu, with the only choice being one of two entrees. And pretentious is the right word; not at all my idea of romantic.

Stephanie Inn is in Cannon Beach, anyway. If you%26#39;re willing to go there, mkeith, I think you%26#39;d prefer Newman%26#39;s @ 988, which is owned %26amp; operated by a chef who left Stephanie Inn. In any case, as others have noted, none of the best restaurants in the area have an ocean/beach view. Nicest that I can think of is the Wayfarer, also in Cannon Beach.


Where are you staying in Seaside? :)


We%26#39;re staying at the Seashore Inn located on the boardwalk. Or do you guys call it a promenade? I decided to go with a more budget oriented hotel since we only have a one night stay. I like using my money for nicer places on multi-night stays so I can get more enjoyment out of them!


It%26#39; called ';the prom'; in Seaside, you will be in a great locaton at this hotel, enjoy! :)

  • lip blush
  • what are the top hard disk brands
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment