Monday, April 23, 2012

Newport hotel questions

We are planning an anniversary trip to the Oregon coast in August. In Newport we%26#39;re trying to decide between the Whaler and the Hallmark. Does the Hallmark have an elevator? I am mobility impaired and can%26#39;t do stairs.Thanks for any advice.

Newport hotel questions

I have not stayed at either, but AAA says Whaler has no elevator. Silent about Hallmark, but assume it sdoes have elevtor, too many stories not too have,

I know Shilo does. I would not get first level room at Whaler because likely you won%26#39;t have ocean view. iIt is across street from ocean. i think all of Hallmark rooms are oceanfront I know all of Shilo rooms are.

Newport hotel questions

Hi, I called the Hallmark and they do indeed have an elevator :-)

The Hallmark is oceanfront and is nicer and newer than the Whaler. Both are up on a bluff with a lot of stairs to the beach, though :-(


Thanks Phirl and half-brit. Think I%26#39;ll let DH explore the beach on his own. I%26#39;ll do my exploring from the docks to watch the sea lions. Don%26#39;t see me coping with stairs to the beach. That%26#39;s why a balcony is an absolute must. I like the idea of the Hallmark having a restaurant. That gives it a definite edge. By the way, according to recent information, the Whaler does now have an elevator. More questions to come, I%26#39;m sure.


Not sure how impaired you are, but Nye Beach is close to Hallmark with good parking, though get there early, and fairly easy walking access to beach.

My wife will still take the 88 stairs to beach from Shilo area, I do not. It is the 88 stairs up that gets me.


The Hallmark indeed has an elevator. You can tell them at the front desk your needs and they should be able to get you a room that is convenient. They have an very good onsite restaurant (Georgie%26#39;s) as well as room service.)

  • Echo home bedding
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment