Monday, April 23, 2012

Warrenton

I%26#39;ll admit that I haven%26#39;t spent that much time in Warrenton--mostly because of its proximity to Astoria. But I%26#39;m there this Sunday and Monday. Is there anything (besides the obvious stuff) that I should check out? parks, restaurants, weird stuff, etc.



Warrenton


I have always found Warrenton rather unredeeming as a town, but Fort Stevens State Park is the most obvious ';jewel';, especially the historic area at the north end. The batteries and Civil War era displays in the museum are quite interesting IMO.



Warrenton


Kim%26#39;s Kitchen is good for a nice meal with views of the marina. Have fun! :)




There actually are several river parks with trails that are pretty. Here is a list:



www.ci.warrenton.or.us/Parks/parkdescpics.htm



The observation platform out on the spit at Fort Stevens is kinda neat; also the Peter Iredale - but that one is obvious ;-)



Only two TA reviews of Kim%26#39;s Kitchen. Syrahgirl%26#39;s doesn%26#39;t seem to be there?




Also in Ft. Steven State Park is Coffenbury Lake, we also like spending time at Cullaby Lake across the highway. There is a nice playground at Cullaby Lake for little ones and picnic tables. :)




Cullaby Lake is AT LEAST 5-6 miles from Ft Stevens syrahgirl. Most would NOT consider that ';across the highway';!!




I do not consider that across the highway!




LOL, my memory was that Cullaby Lake was nowhere near Ft Stevens ;-)



Did you do a review of your dining experience at Kim%26#39;s, syrahgirl?




Her first review on this site is dated Sept. 2004, half-Brit, and I still see recommendations from that one-time stay. So, I think the Kim%26#39;s dining experience may have been even prior to that.




I leave Sunday at 2ish, so I%26#39;ll be pulling into warrenton just in time for an early dinner. I%26#39;ll stop by kim%26#39;s and try it out unless i see anything more interesting. Anything%26#39;s better than costco pizza, i suppose.



And in case anyone is interested, the mayor of Warrenton does a little meet and greet every monday morning at 9:30 at city hall, so I%26#39;ll see ya there!




You might want to call Kim%26#39;s and see if she%26#39;s open, she keeps weird hours sometimes. There is also Dooger%26#39;s in Warrenton and Mulan @ the Shilo there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment