Monday, April 23, 2012

where best to stay in Medford

Will be driving to Medford from somewhere on coast in Redwood country, and spending just one night to be close to Crater Lake the next morning. We will likely have some time to see sights around Medford before settling in to a hotel/motel for the night. (We don%26#39;t need anything fancy.) Any suggestions for the best basic motel in terms of cleanliness, and location? The Rodeway is ranked number 1 on this site, but have never stayed at a Rodeway before. Am wondering if it is in an okay location.



where best to stay in Medford


I have to recommend the new Homewood Suites off the South Exit in Medford if you can get a good price there, though there is no way I could describe it as anything but fancy. I just added a review, and can tell you that the rooms are very, very nice and very comfortable, but the biggie is that you get both breakfast AND dinner (and I mean a real dinner) with the price of the night%26#39;s lodging, which may make the price seem a bit better.



where best to stay in Medford


As you can see from the photos, it is an old motel. But if that doesn%26#39;t bother you and the reviews are good and the price is right, then I%26#39;d say go ahead.



I *think* I know right where this is, because I seem to remember noticing it when we were there a few months ago. It%26#39;s on the old highway, in an area of old motels and other businesses. The neighbourhood looked okay to me.



Here is an option if you want to consider staying just 12-15 miles south down I-5. We stayed at the Village Suites at Ashland Hills and it is a nice place at a *great* price. Read the reviews; I have pictures with my review. It is a true suite, very clean, andwe paid just under $80.



tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g29998-d9589鈥?/a>




My favorite place to stay in the area, though located several miles north of Medford in Rogue River, is the Best Western Inn at the Rogue. It%26#39;s a nice clean place with good rates and easy access to 1-5. I stay there 5-6 times per year on business.




Oops!! Forgot the link!





bestwesternoregon.com/hotels/鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment