Friday, April 13, 2012

Crater Lake in Oregon or Glacier National Park?

This is a question for those of you who have been to both places:





If you had a week in early September to visit only 1 of them, which would you choose, all things considered?









Thanks.



Crater Lake in Oregon or Glacier National Park?


Oops, I forgot to include some information. I have never been to either place and I enjoy some hiking, but am more of a scenic sightseer. My dates are September 1st through the 8th.



Crater Lake in Oregon or Glacier National Park?


Glacier.





But, if you have not been to the OR coast, I%26#39;d say that and Crater Lake and Redwoods NPs.




Of the two choices, I%26#39;d go for Glacier NP, simply because Crater Lake is far more limited and can be done in a day or two...or less. On the other hand, if you%26#39;ve never been to Oregon, you can combine Crater Lake with an amazing variety of wonderful natural wonders, ranging from the majestic Cascades to the magnificent coast (as different from your Florida shores as a tiger is to a pussy cat).



Tell us more about your particular interests and desired outdoor activities and we can offer more specific advice.




';...(as different from your Florida shores as a tiger is to a pussy cat).';





LOL, and true.




Thanks for your input everyone. I%26#39;ll be going to Glacier in September, based on your comments here and in the Glacier forum. Maybe next year I%26#39;ll fly into Reno and do a combination of Lake Tahoe, Crater Lake and a jetboat from Grant%26#39;s Pass.




If you offered Oregon Coast versus Glacier. easy for me to say coast. It is not a National Park but we only have one in oregon but much natural scenery.





Here we have National Forests where most of the natural beauty is.




In Glacier do the Going to the Sun road on the Jammer cars. Great fun and you can enjoy the view vs driving yourself.




Well, I am going to Glacier in July and then doing Crater Lake and Redwood National Park in early September. However, if I could only do one, it would be Glacier. Then again, I love to hike and get into the backcountry. It%26#39;s really hard to get to appreciate Glacier if you dont get out and hike. I would think as a site seer, Crater Lake might be a better choice. That way, you can see the Oregon and California coast as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment