Monday, April 16, 2012

Netarts Bay

Hi everyone,I will be returning to Oregon the week-end of March 16-20.I will be going to Netarts to look at a new development with my Sis and wondered if you could suggest a nice oceanfront place to stay/eat (staying only 1-2 nites)and also would like to ask for your opinions of that part of the coast.I am not crazy about Tilimook unless it has changed alot in the last years,but I dont think I have ever been to Netarts.We will also be going back to Hood River to look at a few houses and schools,any good sceinic lunch places? Been to Mult Falls and Gorge Hotel for lunch already.Sure dont mind going back to these places,but would like to try. something new.Thanks for any info.





Netarts Bay


I can%26#39;t help with any hotels in/around Netarts. The only thing I can say for sure, is to make whatever reservations soon. That is not our spring break, but it is for quite a few WA schools and so lots of people drive down for that.





As far as the Gorge area, you may consider picking up a deli lunch somewhere and stopping somewhere along the old scenic highway for lunch. The Vista House is one of several nice stops with views. Another spot, just before that and usually with much fewer people is the Portland Womens Forum. Don%26#39;t let the name deceive you, it is a nice stop for a scenic lunch.



Netarts Bay


Thank you Mtngrl,appreciate your help.Good idea about lunch :)




Too bad you didn%26#39;t ask this earlier, kipsmom, since I just drove through Netarts yesterday. Wasn%26#39;t paying much attention about looking for places to stay, but pickings seem pretty slim. I%26#39;d include Oceanside as a possible too, since it%26#39;s only a couple miles from Netarts. Again, I don%26#39;t have suggestions for places to stay, but I think Oceanside is one of the hidden gems of the coast.




Thanks MT,will check out Oceanside




Hi kipsmom, glad you are on your way back!! :)





I have the best photos of the Womens forum, which is really a large and wonderful scenic overlook with views forever! We were there in March on one of those perfect sunny days. ( maybe the only perfect sunny day lol)



Also, Vista house is open now and well worth a stop...and another photogenic spot.





We always take a picnic to the Falls...there are picnic tables at the beginning of the trail to Bridal Veil falls that are nice and in a beautiful spot..




Thanks for the info Scarlett,We are coming for a 50th anniversary party and hope to spend more time on the coast this trip. As I said,we have decided not to move back to Oregon,but still think of it as our second home.(Hey,maybe I should rent a house and become an ';expert'; ;)




';Maybe you should rent a house and become an expert..'; LOL--why not? others do :D





Maybe you won%26#39;t be able to move here now, but it can be nice to know that if you ever do decide to move , that there is somewhere you really like that would be a possible new home.






There is one thing that has changed in Tillamook, they have a Tillamook Forestry Center. I haven%26#39;t had a chance to visit it, but it is on my to do list, here is their website



http://www.tillamookforestcenter.org/




Rivergallery--Definitely take the boys there! I went on a field trip and was really impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment