Monday, April 23, 2012

Portland Dining

I am looking for real referrals for restaurants in Portland.



Also specifically for mothers day brunch I need a great place.





My wife and I are frequently in Portland to visit family, at least 3 to 4 times a year and it seems that we go from one bad restaurant to another.



We find that the food quality ranges from bad to poor and service in most places is as bad as the food.





At times we have to use Vegetarian restaurants to cater to the family requirements and so far we have had the worst experiences in every vegan and vegetarian restaurant that we have used.





If there is any one in Portland that can give unbiased true good recommendations it would be very much appreciated.





Thank you



Portland Dining


Do I have to be still in Portland to answer? lol ...



We don%26#39;t eat red meat and did not had much trouble finding delicious food in Portland when we lived there..



Fenouil will do a fabulous Mothers Day lunch , a few places will but you will pay more for it..Henrys Tavern is delicious and geared towards families with big comfortable booths and a very large menu .. the food is consistently good.. or it was but I have not heard that it has changed.





You might want to post which restaurants you have tried so people don%26#39;t bother recommending them :)





Any particular kid of food, ethnic, plain, fancy, budget?





I loved Piazza Italia for unpretentious delicious authentic Italian food..how many people will be with you?



Look at these lists... look at the websites, see what appeals to you.. at least it might get you started ... Hope this helps :)



tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1395-Portland_鈥?/a>



tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1394-Portland_鈥?/a>



tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1398-Portland_鈥?/a>



Portland Dining


These two places would be great and will probably be doing a Mothers Day special..



Mothers



http://www.mothersbistro.com/



Mama Mia



http://www.mamamiatrattoria.com/



I really liked Oba ( nuevo latino)



http://www.obarestaurant.com/indexMaster.html



Serratto



serratto.com/鈥?/a>



Wildwood



www.wildwoodrestaurant.com/privatedining.htm





These are all on the lists but in my opinion, these are some good ones for Mothers Day.




I%26#39;m curious as to where you%26#39;ve been, and from whom you%26#39;ve been getting your recommendations. Because yours might be the first post I%26#39;ve read of someone who can%26#39;t find a good place to eat in Portland. I%26#39;d also know better how to respond if I knew what you mean by ';unbiased true good recommendations';. Because mine will certainly be biased! ;-) And, so will everyone%26#39;s here: http://www.portlandfood.org/ .





That all said, almost any good restaurant in Portland will have vegetarian choices on the menu. I don%26#39;t know which of the best are offering a Mother%26#39;s Day brunch, but I know the Heathman does, and I think it%26#39;s a safe bet for your mom. I agree with Scarlett that Fenouil and Wildwood would be good choices too. And I just read that Bluehour is doing Mother%26#39;s Day brunch.




Maybe you could provide the names of some of the places that you have been and not cared for. That might help us point you in the right direction.




We have enjoyed several nice meals in Portland at: Fenouil, Bluehour, Park Kitchen, Ten 01, Olea, clarklewis, Higgins, Heathman, Lovely Hula Hands, Harborside by the waterfront (Lucier was wonderful when it was there) Paley%26#39;s Place, Wildwood and Carlyle. Andina is also very good and the Bijou Cafe has some great Oyster Hash for breakfast. Lots of great places in Portland to dine, for pretty views with great food go to Portland City Grill. Enjoy your time in Portland! :)




Okay, I have to say it....Mothers Day Brunch is one of the worst meals ever!!!! I do not care where you do, it is a ';Hallmark Holiday'; meal, as is Easter Brunch.





The only brunch I can personally recommend, at this point, is Salty%26#39;s. But I cannot tell you what it is like on Mothers Day as I avoid such holidays in restaurants like the plague. It is when too many ammetures (sp) eat out....with screaming kids. Ugh!




Hi guys! Even though restaurants can open, close and even change, it is important to remember that travelers can have just as much information on good eats as people who live in the local area... please, try to make corrections nicely and let%26#39;s not exclude anyone%26#39;s input.





Thanks!


  • lip blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment