Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Business Travel to Bend, Oregon

I am asking for some help finding a hotel in Bend, Oregon for an extended Business Trip. Anyone have any suggestions?



Business Travel to Bend, Oregon


I have been to Bend,oregon on business in the past and have found the Riverhouse Resort and Convention Center most accommodating. They do have rooms with kitchens and fireplaces if you like. Another nice thing is the free Breakfast in the morning! I don%26#39;t think you will be disappointed with The Riverhouse Resort and Convention Center. Good Luck!



Business Travel to Bend, Oregon


I too have used the Riverhouse and found it to be excellent. I%26#39;ve also stayed at Mt Bachelor Village Resort, also excellent, but I prefer the location of the Riverhouse.




I spent about a month last summer in Bend on business. My company put me up in the Marriott TownPlace Suites. I think they put me in a different room each week. At any rate, the rooms were very nice and comfortable, all had kitchens, nice pool area. As there was a group of use, we had a poolside BBQ once a week. Nice fitness area. Cascade Lakes Brewing was across the street, and a great place to hit up for Happy Hour.





The Riverhouse would probably be a better location.




I stayed at a TownPlace Suite in Phoenix, Az for a week a few years ago. If the one in Bend is similar, they are VERY roomy and comfy, studio apt-like suites.




Yes, almost like staying in a studio apartment. There are two different types of rooms...the older ones are more spacious...the newer ones are quite a bit smaller.





They also have fresh baked cookies in the lobby afternoon. And the normal continental breakfast fair.





If one were to decide to cook in their own room, Safeway is just a couple of blocks away. Very close to the Old Mill District, and very quiet there at night.




We have always stayed south of Bend, at Sunriver. However, in a couple weeks we are staying at the Riverhouse that has been mentioned several times here, and it is for a business trip. I can give you an up to date review when we get back, if that works for your timing.




I will give another plug for the Riverhouse. When we stayed this past August, our room had been recently renovated and was quite comfortable. As another said, the breakfast was very enjoyable. There is an on-site restaurant, but they provide a free continental breakfast to their hotel guests that is more than adequate. Rooms are clean and the staff was quite accomodating. There are several different types, but we had a simple room with 2 queen beds, work desk, micro/fridge, and large bathroom. The closet was huge for a hotel, as was the bathroom area! I liked that we had 2 sinks. This made getting ready a breeze. I would stay here again.





I also reviewed the property on this site. Feel free to check it out.




River House is great. I have stayed there many times. When you make a reservation, ask them about each type of room. One will be better for you than another.





I have also stayed at Bachelor. Never had to rent and Sun River as my family has owned a home there for many years.








My friend who travels here on business frequently swears by the Pine Ridge Inn. Another friend really likes the Ameritel when he visits. Both of these are much closer to downtown and the Old Mill.





In what part of town is your business?




We jsut got back from Bend and stayed at the Riverhouse, so here is the latest scoop on it:) We were there for a conference for DH. Our room had two queen beds and sat right over the Deschutes River. When we entered the building, the first thing I noticed was the smell. Mostly of old smoke, although it is nonsmoking now. It was definitely a dated look until we entered our room.





Our room was very nice. Two queen beds (although they had bedspreads which I detest), a big comfy chair, huge flat screen tv, small fridge and microwave, large desk and large leather chair, free wifi, balcony, large closet, two luggage racks, large sink and counter area outside of the bathroom as well as large sink and counter area inside the bathroom. Counters were granite, but the rest of the bathroom had not been updated in a long time. New carpet in the room. Shower had the strongest water pressure I have experienced in years...if you bruise easily, stand back a bit;) Definitely not lowflow faucets.





When I arrived I had a raging headache, and there is no gift shop at the hotel. We did end up asking at the front desk and they had those items stashed in a backroom.





The convention center part of the hotel is on the other side of the highway, but there is a nice walkway to get to it, underneath and along the river. The convention center is very nice! We had two dinner events there and breakfasts, and actually the food was very good. I don%26#39;t expect much at those, and was impressed. In the lobby of the CC was a massive stone fireplace with leather chairs to relax in. We hung out there for a bit one day as we waited to be taken to offsite activities.





DH and I had a beer in the bar one afternoon. Nice enough place...hey, it is a bar...what more can you really say about it? LOL!





I have no idea how much our room was, but the website shows a random date and price of about $125. For a conference it was fine, or for a night on the road it would work well, but for anything else I would still opt for Sunriver. Just my personal preference.





The location is good though as the rooms are far enough away from the road so there is no noise, except from the river. Oh and the geese that fly along the river in the early mornings and honk:) We slept with our slider open to listen to the water and loved that!





BTW, if anyone is interested, Allyson%26#39;s Kitchen in the Old Mill District (also a location in Ashland) does a fantastic cooking class!!! And has a great wine shop as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment