Monday, April 23, 2012

Best travel book for coast and Portland?

I am excited about my July trip to your beautiful trip. I want to get an up to date travel book for the coast and Portland. Any favorites?



Best travel book for coast and Portland?


Oregon Coast



www.visittheoregoncoast.com





On that page is an order form:





http://visittheoregoncoast.com/request-info/



Best travel book for coast and Portland?


My favorite book for the state is Trips %26#39;n Trails Oregon. Covers so much!




What are your interests? For example, if you like to hike, I can recommend Bill Sullivan%26#39;s hiking guides.




oregonpoppa--I love Sullivans books. The one I mentioned is by him as well:)




I admit I don%26#39;t use a guidebook since I live here, LOL, but have thumbed through the Moon guide and think it%26#39;s okay.



Do be aware that even the current guides may not be accurate about restaurants. They come and go nearly as often as the tide ;-)



moon.com/books/moon-handbooks/moon-coastal-o鈥?/a>




We want to explore, relax, eat, shop and enjoy your state. Short hikes would be great. Thanks for your input!




Hi there, the Oregon Coast will be a nice change of pace for you. We spend several weeks a year at our properties in Astoria and Seaside, so let me know if you have any questions about these areas as far as restaurants, things to do and see,etc. I think the scenery is the prettiest on the northern coast. Enjoy your trip and your planning, if you can pick up a copy of Oregon Coast magazine, this would be a great reference for you as you plan your trip. :)




half-brit--LOL, I love guidebooks of this area even though I live here too:) There is always something more to read about and explore.





syrah--When are you coming to Oregon again?




%26gt;%26gt;I think the scenery is the prettiest on the northern coast%26lt;%26lt;



Have you ever been to the southern coast, syrahgirl? South of Newport? It is particularly spectacular between Port Orford and Brookings.



I can list some websites which will help you with your planning next time you visit, if you%26#39;d like. Just let me know!



Perhaps you can drive up the coast instead of along I-5 this summer :-)




I have a couple of Oregon travel guides, but do not use them much. so can%26#39;t say much about them





However we just returned from trip to VA and NC, I chose to leave our AAA books home. partially because it woud require two books, Instead decided to use Moon guides. Was sorry we did that. Moon was ok but they tended to not give good facts like how to park in Richmond and did not really cover what they considered key sites. Hour od operation for museums and parks not given. I got home and looked over AAA books and they had that and more. I will never go anywhere again without them.





AAA motel info is not complete, trip advisor is better, but their guide info is good. If pushed for space, like when flying. I tear off what I want.


  • blue eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment