Monday, April 23, 2012

Coastal Zone Guide - Which Is Best?

Travelers can get overwhelmed with coastal guidebooks and web sites.





I%26#39;m curious to know which of the two websites, below, you think is best, if you care to check them out.





For example, which is more comprehensive, easier to read, more accurate/up to date, best links, etc.





Whichever gets the most votes will be the one I%26#39;ll use. Oh, unless I disagree. :)





BTW, is there yet another similar website?





www.visittheoregoncoast.com





http://www.oregoncoasttravel.net/



Coastal Zone Guide - Which Is Best?


Definitely the oregoncoasttravel.net site. The other one is really shallow, IMO. This one has way more hotels and restaurants listed, for instance. The other site listed 4 restaurants total for Cannon Beach, all owned by the same company. Not exactly representative of the town as a whole. This was just one example I noticed, but overall I liked the second site much better. And no, you are not allowed to disagree with me;) j/k! :)



Coastal Zone Guide - Which Is Best?


Yep, another vote for the Highway 101 website. I know, I know, that%26#39;s what it *used* to be called ;-)



The other site doesn%26#39;t even mention the ';fabulous'; town of Waldport . . .




My vote also goes to oregoncoasttravel. It%26#39;s not as clever and slick as the visittheoregoncoast, but it seems to have a lot from information.





However, it is probably a good idea to continue to recommend both of them to out-of-state visitors. I usually check both when planning time on the OR coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment