Friday, April 13, 2012

Ramona Falls

Is anyone familiar with the Ramona Falls trail?

My Moon guidebook describes the hike as a 4.5 mile loop trail with a gentle grade. I have found several errors in this book so I have done some research online on each trail/acitivity we plan to back up the Moon as I don%26#39;t trust it much anymore.

The info I have found online lists the trail as a 7.1 loop with a rating of ';difficult';. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

Ramona Falls

The hike to Ramona Falls is about 7 miles round trip. It has been a long time since I did this hike but I think its difficulty is most likely still the same. Parts of it are easy and I guess I would say the rest of it is moderate in difficulty. I remember parts of it as definetly not a gentle rise in grade.

There are several different hikes you can take from this trailhead but I haven%26#39;t done them.

Joan from http://www.great-oregon-vacations.com

Ramona Falls

Thanks so much, Joan. That information is very helpful.


I don%26#39;t know when you are planning on making the hike, but you will need to check with the Forest Service and make sure the bridge across the Sandy River is back up before you go.

I just checked the website, and the last update is over a month old, but it is still saying the bridge has not been replaced.

fs.fed.us/r6/mthood/conditions/index.shtml


Thank you, mahjerle.

We would make the hike in the first week of June.

Though now I am having second thoughts about going because normally we like to keep hikes to 5 miles roundtrip maximum. That has always been our cutoff point.

We only have 10 days to explore so not sure I want to invest the time in this one- 7 miles would take a big chunk out of the day.

  • migrating existing portal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment