Monday, April 16, 2012

Weather on Coast/What to Pack

I will be leaving for Oregon in a little over 2 weeks. What will the weather be like on the coast? Should I bring shorts, jeans, a coat, rain gear? Thank you.



Weather on Coast/What to Pack


Yes.



Weather on Coast/What to Pack


LOL, oregonpoppa !



and sneakers ! And a sweater...




%26gt;%26gt;What will the weather be like on the coast?%26lt;%26lt;



Ah, if only I knew . . . I%26#39;d be travelling around the world first class with all the money I%26#39;d be making with my accurate weather prediction, LOL!



You know the Boy Scout motto? - Be Prepared -



Pack accordingly and you%26#39;ll be fine ;-)




Don%26#39;t bring anything heavy. Just be a problem to get here and back for you. It won%26#39;t be cold here, maybe a bit chilly. And rain is a good bet. we layer on the coast. and you should have one sort of light rain proof jacket.




A hooded sweatshirt is good. Helps keep you dry and warmer under a light rainjacket.





May is one of our most unpredictable months--be prepared for anything, except maybe snow. The way this year has been going, that might even be possible. LOL.





It might be sunny and nice, but unlikely to be really warm. The Oregon Coast doesn%26#39;t get really warm even in the summertime.




Yup...what everyone else said. There is a saying about weather here, and especially true on the coast, if you don%26#39;t like the weather, wait five minutes. I think about the only kind of weather we can guarantee you won%26#39;t get on the coast this time of year is snow. Well reasonably guarantee. The weather has been strange the past year or so.





Didn%26#39;t it snow again in the mountains this past week?




We had a short hail storm in Eugene yesterday. For a few moments everything was white...but, then, the rain returned and a few minutes later the sun came out...before it rained again.




I guess I will bring something to cover every possibility. I am looking forward to my trip. Everyone has been so helpful here and so kind. I can%26#39;t thank you enough for the time that you have spent in helping me.




To illustrate what other%26#39;s have already said about May being unpredictable, last year around mid-May, we had three consecutive days on the central coast with temps at or near 100潞!!!




Wow! I think I will keep checking the weather channel right before I leave. But then it will probably change once I get there anyway. I know I want to take lots of pictures!! And I want to find somewhere to get a nice sweatshirt from Oregon from the coast, possibly with a lighthouse on it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment