Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthday group dinner

We don%26#39;t eat out much and this group helped us find a couple of places for group dinner in the past. One was Henrys

This time we did it on our own. We went to Hubers. They are downtown and the oldest restaurant in Portland. The place is historic with nice interior. They have a happy hour 4:30 or so. They have nice food you can buy at decent prices. smaller servings but not too small, and tasty. my wife and i shared 4 servings and it was plenty.

Actually my wife did it. but a good place for a group. there were 9 of us in a corner area. They had it set for us.

Birthday group dinner

Sounds fun, did you have turkey there? :)

Birthday group dinner

Phirl wrote; ';my wife and i shared 4 servings...';

I%26#39;m not sure what you mean by that, but it sounds more satisfying than two people sharing one serving, which is what I%26#39;ve read on several restaurant reviews lately.

Years ago Hubers was a favorite of ours, I think as much for the production they made out of pouring a spanish coffee as for the food (which, I agree, was pretty good too).

Thanks for the review, phirl.


Huber%26#39;s had a great happy hour!!

Now, fess up, how many spanish coffees did you have? LOL!


I remember when you went to Henry%26#39;s:)

Glad Huber%26#39;s was good, and happy birthday. Thanks for letting us know how it went.

mistletoe--That sounds like the production when they make the spanish coffee%26#39;s at the Buena Vista in SF.


Some one told us about the spanish coffee, but they didn%26#39;t mention sany production. We told our group about it but no one ordered. I would have worked at it hasd I known.

Just for whatever. My wife and I shared a turkey quesadilla, cheeseburger, mongolian beef stick and smoked salmon. Turkey is their specialty. and the cheeseburger was good sized. not a tiny thing.

  • asks for advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment