Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gower Street Bistro Closed

I was sorry to learn the Gower Street Bistro in Cannon Beach has closed. We did enjoy a few meals there, I don%26#39;t know why they closed, economy? There is a new restaurant there and am wondering if anyone has tried it? What type of food they are preparing, how good is it, price. We%26#39;re going north this evening and we thought we might try the new place out.

Gower Street Bistro Closed

I read somewhere else it is now called the Cannon Beach Cafe, and is serving Carribean food that is not ';too expensive';, whatever that means, lol.

I looked it up but just get the old Gower St Bistro website but try 503-436-2729.

Gower Street Bistro Closed

Thanks Half-Brit, if we decide to try it I%26#39;ll post a review.


A poster of Fodors posted about it and said it was good. I do like that they seem to be aware of the economy.


Sad sign of the times. Even Fife, in Portland, is closing.

These closures are sad....although it is telling a tale of people who spent money that they did not have...and once they realized that, they could no longer dine out.

Very sad....many great chefs and staff out of work.


I%26#39;ve tried the Cannon Beach Cafe (the place in the spot of the now defunct Gower Street Bistro) and frankly,.. I was impressed. It%26#39;s significantly different, so I wouldn%26#39;t go there thinking you%26#39;ll be finding the same items. Instead it has a caribbean feel to it. So far, I%26#39;ve tried the Jamacian Jerk Chicken which is very good, their meatloaf which is very generously portioned and tasty, their excellent deserts, and several of their unique libations. All in all I would say that they are a casual eatery with good food and very reasonable pricing. The food is a bit less %26#39;sophisticated%26#39; than the GSB was, but I think it%26#39;s a place and a niche that was needed in midtown Cannon Beach.


Thanks for the post, eclipse785, and cute dogger too, LOL. Will be sure to try this place next time we%26#39;re up there. Why not do a review on it?


Thanks for the update, we%26#39;ll check it out when we%26#39;re in Cannon Beach soon. :)

  • hair do
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment