Friday, April 27, 2012

embassy suites or westin

Which is a safer area to walk around at night - the Embassy Suites or the Westin? From reading the boards, it sounds like the Westin more centrally located, but I would like to know which area is safer?



embassy suites or westin


IMO, the Westin is the better choice. The ES is fine, but if you go a block or so towards Burnside it can be an iffy area.



embassy suites or westin


I like the Westin ... great location .. close to the Streetcar line..right in the middle of downtown.. I would guess it could be safer..




Burnside is not that horrid....Pioneer Courthouse Square has far more ';street people'; at night.





Either is fine. Face it, if you want to go to the Pearl, you will have to cross Burnside. LOL!




I kept reading all the good reviews about the Monaco, so I wound up booking that and think we will be very happy. Thanks for all the input.




Yes, to get to the Pearl you must cross Burnside...but where on Burnside is a consideration, for myself anyway.





gapper--I can%26#39;t remember what your dates are for this trip. But if you are coming at a busy time, then yes that sounds like a good rate for what you are getting at the Monaco. Even though we live here, we have stayed there several times when we don%26#39;t want to drive home after events. It really is a nice hotel and so welcoming:)




gapper, we stayed at the Monaco a total of about 30 nights :)



So I guess you realize that I am totally biased ..



I hope you enjoy your stay.



Do have something to eat in the Red Star Tavern .. or just go for tea or drinks in the late afternoon.





You will be just a short walk from the Streetcar stop, which is in front of the Made in Oregon store/Governor Hotel ( unless they moved them since I have been gone) and you will be in the Pearl in a matter of 5 minutes maybe and from there on to the NW neighborhood and back around in a big loop..





Streetcar website with map



tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1396-Portland_鈥?/a>








Thanks so much for all this information! It is making everything so much easier.




FYI - I just read in the Oregonian newspaper that the fancy new hotel The Nines has lowered their room rates drastically due to the economy. They are right next to Pioneer Courthouse/Max Station. You might want to check that hotel out. The hotel is above the Macy%26#39;s store.




I will check it out. Thanks.




I think there is a review by someone who stayed at the Nines and said they got the reduced rate which gave them a room over a noisy bar/restaurant?



Be sure to ask for locations of rooms when you talk to someone! Unless you are sticking with the Monaco which I think would be best lol... no no , I am not biased ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment