Friday, April 27, 2012

The Nines/Urban Farmer

On Thursday, the new luxury hotel in downtown Portland opened...The Nines. It occupies the top eight floors of Macy%26#39;s (formerly the Meier and Frank building.)

The place is beautiful. The entrance is on SW Morrison. Today, they had about eight young men there, serving as doormen and valet.

The elevator whisks you to the eighth floor lobby before you even realize that you%26#39;ve left the ground floor. I actually thought the elevator wasn%26#39;t moving.

The lobby is modern and sleek, with a lot of wood. There are black and white mannequins as well as wire clothing sculptures...paying tribute to Meier and Frank, which opened there in 1908.

Just passed the lobby you will find several seating areas, with chairs and sofas. A little further in is Urban Farmer, the restaurant.

Urban Farmer uses local ingredients and they focus on organic foods.

In fact, the entire building seeks local supplies. This is a ';green building';. Many of the things used in the building came from the demolition of the old interior. They reused things where they could.

I ate breakfast at Urban Farmer this morning. Great Crab Ommelette. I have not yet stayed there, although someone I know did stay there last night and said that it was fabulous.

I know, this sounds like more of a review than a post. :-)

The Nines/Urban Farmer

I saw this on the news the other evening. Looks very nice! Of course the opening is not at the best time with the economy, but hopefully it will weather that.

A crab omelette sounds good! I had one at my fav place in Seattle a couple weeks ago (with avacado..mmm!) and was in heaven, lol:)

The Nines/Urban Farmer

Finally ! Didn%26#39;t it seem as though they were taking forever? I wish I could see it, I guess we will have to stay there when we visit? lol

I love those elevators.. we had that sort in our apt building and I do miss it now, with the elevators we have here in BA ( you probably remember those, Wineauxs? ) ancient old bird cages ? lol


';A crab omelette sounds good! I had one at my fav place in Seattle a couple weeks ago (with avacado..mmm!) and was in heaven, lol:)';

Which restaurant?


I have never had a Crab Omelette but since I have not had any crab since leaving Portland, I will be happy to have one right now lol.

voyaging, it is the Urban Farmer, in the hotel.

Here is the link to the Hotel..

The Nines

www.thenines.com


voyaging--Well, I should have specified, my fav breakfast place...Bacco%26#39;s. They make really good cappuccinos there too. It is right next door to the Inn at the Market, but after breakfast they have the other dining area open, up on the corner.


Mtngrl, I don%26#39;t feel that the economy will hurt this hotel at all. The main clientel (sp) will be those on expense accounts (same as those who go to Lucier).

Those who have way too much (at least they think they do) or corporate accounts will fund places such as The Nines. Which is good. Anyone spending money, in the current economy, should be revered.

I am sure that it will not take long before we hear of a stay at the hotel, by our resident hotel/travel expert. ;-)

Scarlett, I really cannot ID on the elevators in BA.....wish I could as I wish I would have had more time there. I was there for 28 hours...then off to Mendoza. I stayed at the Sofitel in Puerto Madero.....not a fair judgement of BA. LOL!


%26lt;%26lt;I have never had a Crab Omelette but since I have not had any crab since leaving Portland, I will be happy to have one right now lol.%26gt;%26gt;

Oohhhh hhhhooo! Scarlett, you need to visit Dungeness land again! Trust me, this was GOOD! Oops! Did I yell that! The only bad part was the flat tire I came back to! UGH! Thank you Farm Tow! LOL!


I hope you are right about the hotel:) And I bet any reviews we see will be strictly from the lobby and maybe a restaurant restroom.


LOL mtngrl, I know that you are right!


neighborhoodnotes.com/sw/鈥?/a>

Here is a great article about the hotel as well as photos and info on the Being Green part.

I was looking for the name of the architects... our apt building, The Louisa, was an award winning Green building so I was curious if it was the same people.

What a great looking place.. those views!

You are right, I must hurry back to Crab town lol...

  • reptiles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment