Thursday, April 26, 2012

A good restaurant for a birthday celebration

we%26#39;ll be in town this weekend during which we want to take my Mother in law out for her Birthday. She likes basic American food. We want something more upscale than the Brepubs. Besides the Pine Tavern what can you recommend- Sunriver is also a possible location.



A good restaurant for a birthday celebration


Hmmm... I guess Ariana is ';American'; (sort of) but it definitely isn%26#39;t ';basic';. Not my favorite... a little on the pretentious side. :-)





Zydeco (my favorite) could probably be considered American too. They are family friendly. Always tasty and well prepared, with great service. BUT... they are moving from the old location on 3rd to downtown and I%26#39;m not sure if they have reopened yet. (http://www.zydecokitchen.com/)





The Blacksmith has ';New Ranch Cuisine'; or something like that. Best mac %26amp; cheese in Bend, good service and great cocktails. But not family friendly.





If you opt for breakfast instead of dinner The Victorian Cafe is a treat.





Happy birthday, to your mom!



A good restaurant for a birthday celebration


Great- many thanks.




What about Black Butte Ranch? Is that too far?




If you are thinking of dining outside of Bend and don%26#39;t mind a drive, I thought of a couple other options. I haven%26#39;t been to any of these but all are on my list to try.





I%26#39;ve heard fantastic things about The Trout House in Camp Sherman.





There%26#39;s a ';new'; restaurant in Sisters called Chloe (they actually just moved from Redmond).





In Redmond, Brickhouse is supposed to have outstanding steaks and Canyons is apparently very good.





In Tumalo, you could go to Tumalo Feed Company. I%26#39;ve been there - it%26#39;s not really upscale but it does have a lot of ';character';. You get a LOT of food, it%26#39;s very family friendly, and good service.

No comments:

Post a Comment