Thursday, April 26, 2012

there used to be a restaurant in portland

called rafattis -- windows overlooked front street -it was in a building that i think used to have a merry go round in the lobby - but not sure-- anyone know what restaurant has replaced it



there used to be a restaurant in portland


I%26#39;m looking but haven%26#39;t found anything so far. I have a vague memory of a carosel downtown, about how long ago was this?



there used to be a restaurant in portland


www.yelp.com/biz/rafatis-encore-310-portland





Is this it?




scarlet



thanks -- thats not the location -- i had the name spelt wrong ---it looks like they just do catering at a different location





would still like to know what restaurant took over the space




pdxnoah





has to be at least 7 yesrs ago ---




I remember this place well. It was great. They are now doing catering only, to my knowledge.





It was a great spot with fabulous food.




OK - Down on Front (Naito Parkway, now) and SE Salmon is the World Trade Center building. It used to be called the ';Willamette Center.'; In the Willamette Center was the ';Portland Carousel Museum.'; That museum is no longer there - but the WTC is, and if I remember correctly there is a restaurant on the Northeast edge of the building that overlooks Front.





I%26#39;m working on the name of what it is now.





-Noah




Sorry, lougee1043 - I found no joy.





I can%26#39;t find the exact address, but here is the google street-view of the place I was thinking of: http://tinyurl.com/76g56o





Also in looking at resources for the WTC, the only restaurant listed there is Annie%26#39;s Deli which is located in another building from the one on Naito Pkwy.





But from the time you mentioned, at least 7 years ago, and with the Carousel there - it sounds like it is the right address. But as far as I can tell, there is no restaurant in that location now.





Maybe someone else will know more. Best of luck,





-Noah




No restaurant took the space....if I am correct, it is now office space. I have a feeling that the rent was pretty high, with the location. Same thing happened with McCalls on the Waterfront. They were right in the park. SPENDY as far as rent to the restaurant went.





Have to say, in my ';real world'; jobs of old, I spent a lot of time at McCalls....it was a great place to grab drinks and apps while people watching after work.




PDXNoah



thanks for taking the time -- that is the location







PDXWineauxs





thank you for your take on the place and your opinion of its current useage






Sure, lougee1043, I love research type questions!





-Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment