Friday, April 27, 2012

Dune Buggy Rides

Which Dune Buggy company do you recommend and why? We will be driving up from Gold Beach, from what I believe is about a 3 hour ride. We would like to stop for lunch and dune buggy rides before heading to Yachats. Also, any lunch spot recommendations.



Dune Buggy Rides


Sanddunes Frontier http://www.sanddunesfrontier.com/ and Sandland Adventure http://www.sandland.com/ are the two near Florence. There are others south beginning at Houser, just north of Coos Bay/North Bend. Either of the two listed are fine, well established businesses. Coming from the south, you will hit Sanddunes Frontier first.





It shouldn%26#39;t take a full three hours from Gold Beach to Florence unless you make several stops along the way. 2.5 hours is about average.





Plenty of opportunites for lunch in/around Coos Bay, Winchester Bay, Reedsport and Florence. Do you have any particular tastes, or are you just looking for basic sustinance?



Dune Buggy Rides


Gapper...you have so many different threads of questions going I can%26#39;t remember when you%26#39;re planning your trip, how much time you have to get to places, what your interests are, etc. What ELSE do you want to do along the coast? How much time are you allowing for the dune buggy ride? Are you intending to go on the big 20 passenger guided buggy or rent your own (which could be dangerous)? How about time at Old Town in Florence, Heceta Head Lighthouse, Cape Perpetua? Any hiking, beachcombing or other activities?



You%26#39;ve been asked before to combine your facts into a single posting so we can respond intelligently. That way, we can all know what you want and coordinate our advice.




I%26#39;m sorry, maybe I am just confused. Certain questions for certain areas I am asking on that particular forum. Should I not be doing that. Should I post the itineary on all the forums involved and just keep adding any questions to that particular post.




Gapper, you write posts, including the last one, the way you are setting up your trip, in a very fragmented fashion.





We provide advice (e.g., whether or not you need tours), then you argue with us.





I don%26#39;t know why it%26#39;s so hard to understand the following suggestions, posted earlier. Had you taken a deep breath, read and considered them, you would help yourself and us.





Use the OREGON forum, we all see it.





Having said this, I bid you goodbye and hope you have a great trip.





';gapper, with all due respect, you are making us work very hard in responding to your posts. Some of what you inquire about has been addressed or partly so in your other strings. We lack a cohesiveness to your queries. So...





It would help us to help you if you told us your itinerary as best you know it, on one string, newly titled, including arrival and departure points, sites already chosen, number of days or nights at each site, locations, etc., as best you know this.





You should be able to do this with the information provided in prior posts and strings. Our replies then can be couched in reality, and you can intersperse questions at any point within that schedule. And we%26#39;ll feel free, as you asked, to provide suggestions within the context of the entire trip rather than its bits and pieces.





We%26#39;d then be able to better address, for example, how best to visit Mt. Rainier, Seattle, et al, which I covered in an earlier reply, in another string, to you. In that reply, I suggested, perhaps wondered, if you really could, in time available, - or even would want to make a choice - to see each mountain, and suggested priorities. I was trying to get at your schedule; no reply.





For example, above you ask about tours; I think we%26#39;ve addressed this - you don%26#39;t need them. You mention a tour to Mt. Rainier; no need. Plus, from Mt. St. Helens you could spend one night en route to, or at, Mt. Rainier, instead of doubling back from Seattle and blowing a day. But if you don%26#39;t reply to other advice regarding such things, how can we provide what you need?';




If you are looking at covering a big area in Oregon, you can just post on the Oregon Forum. All local postings show up on that forum anyway and those of us who follow the discussions monitor the Oregon Forum. I%26#39;m sure all the destination experts follow the Oregon Forum daily.




Voyaging, I am not arguing with anyone when they are giving me advice. I am very appreciative of it. When I first posted my thoughts and preliminary itinerary I had absolutely no clue about anything and was asking for help. I am on the computer for hours at a time trying to put this together. Now with all the responses (which I keep going over and over), I am getting a little more familiar with everything. This a big trip and I am trying to get the most out of it and have come here for help. I am sorry if it%26#39;s been a problem. Maybe there are other people that I am not annoying and they will continue to help. I will post the itinerary that I have come up with on the Oregon, Washington and Vancouver sites. I did not know that was the way I should have been going about it from the beginning. Now I know and that is what I will do and any questions from here on in, I will post on that original post. I hope tht is okay. Thank you.




We had a very positive experience at Sand Dunes Frontier. I highly recommend the ';dune bus'; that holds about 15 -20 people. The tour was just adventurous enough for me. The guides are fantastic, and the price for the bus is very reasonable compared to taking out a smaller buggy with a guide. Have fun!




gapper,





For what it%26#39;s worth, I don%26#39;t mind multiple post(he%26#39;s says as he shruggs his shoulders). I just ingore the ones I can%26#39;t offer any helpful advice on.




http://www.sanddunesfrontier.com/



This is the only dune buggy outfit that I%26#39;ve used and I%26#39;ve taken almost every visiting friend and relative on the big buggy ride. I heartily recommend it. However, if you are coming during the summer (I can%26#39;t remember what you said) you should allow extra time on weekends. It gets very busy and they go out on a schedule with reserved tickets. You can kill about a half-hour on the fun stuff they have there, but after that it can get a bit tiring. If you are not familiar with the dunes, DO NOT give in to the urge to rent individual buggies. Some of the dunes are 300 ft tall with sheer drop-offs and if the fog comes in you%26#39;ll never be able to tell where you are or how to get back. The dunes have at least one or two fatalities every year...so go with the pros, don%26#39;t get macho.




I will check into it. We will definitely not do it oursevles and will leave it to the professionals!

No comments:

Post a Comment