Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Nines, third night free

On checking various discount rates for hotels downtown, I came across some booking sites that have the third night at The Nines free, thus making a three night stay a pretty good value. My question is- is there a reason for this (i.e. construction, renovation, etc.) that would account for the deal, or is it just the economy? It sounds good, but perhaps it isn%26#39;t as good as it sounds.





Any thoughts?



The Nines, third night free


High end hotel....opening during a bad economy. Not enough time to establish themselves before the downturn. :-)



The Nines, third night free


Somewhere on these boards, someone posted about their stay at the Nines and the ';bargain'; priced room they got that was noisy from a bar or something downstairs... so I always wonder also if the freebies come with something that you really would not want.. noise, no view, etc..



Here there is most likely a great view but who knows what kind of room.. or perhaps it is a great deal in hard times.



I have gotten breaks like this in the pastt but they were usually for stays over a week.. so you might want to ask the hotel about it.. call the toll free number and as questions .. good luck !




I see on Travelzoo they are running a promotion of $139 a night, for select nights, through December. Not sure what this price is in relation to the deal you are getting. This has gone up from the previous promotion of $99 a night that they were running, so either business is getting better, or they can%26#39;t afford to keep giving rooms away at that price.




wendli, here is the post that I remembered reading where a couple of people who had stayed at the Nines, discussed the noise they heard in their rooms.. hope this helps..





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g52024-i238-k24914鈥?/a>




I would question the post of rooms being noisy due to the atrium. The construction was done with a lot of soundproofing.





In speaking with those who work in the building, they report that the rooms are very well soundproofed.





I can say, from being in the atrium, that I cannot imagine a lot of noise, unless the restaurant is rented out to a party, past 7PM. Happy hour ends, restaurant hours begin and trust me, having done many a dinner there, it%26#39;s not a rowdy crowd.





Disclaimer, I have not stayed in one of their rooms, nor has anyone on this thread, so....none of us can give a 100% opinion on the rooms nor the noise level.





I have stayed in other downtown hotels and had trouble sleeping....Hotel Vintage Plaza comes to mind. The traffic noise from Broadway was ever present over night.





Just a reminder, on The Nines front....the restaurant closes at normal hours, not as if there would be wild parties going on until 2AM! LOL!!!!




%26lt;%26lt;wendli, here is the post that I remembered reading where a couple of people who had stayed at the Nines, discussed the noise they heard in their rooms.. hope this helps..





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g52024-i238-k24914鈥?/p>


Reply to this post%26gt;%26gt;





Ah, and I see in this thread that your recommended The Nines over the Governor. Glad to see that.




For what it is worth, I have a co-worker that comes in to Portland from another office, and they put her up at The Nines to ';test'; it out, as my company generally uses the Monaco. She wasn%26#39;t over impressed with the place. She said it was nice, but she preferred the Monaco.




Posted on: 2:12 pm, January 22, 2009



Save



Oooh, I like staying in brand new hotels so the Nines would be my choice. And the location is excellent.



.........................................................





I wouldn%26#39;t call this a recommendation.. I could hardly recommend a hotel that was not even finished being built when I lived in Portland. But I do like staying in new hotels..

No comments:

Post a Comment