Friday, April 13, 2012

Overnight Parking

I%26#39;m trying to find out if there is any new info on overnight parking in Downtown Portland. We will be staying at the Nines (pioneer square) during Waterfront Blues Fest weekend. We will drive to Portland, but do not need the car at all during our 4 day stay, which makes me very hesitant to pay the $33/night for in %26amp; out valet privileges. Any suggestions? We would prefer to park it somewhere and not tend to it again until we%26#39;re heading out of town. Thanks.



Overnight Parking


www.portlandonline.com/smartpark/index.cfm鈥?/a>





Hi,



When we lived in Portland, we used the garage in our building, so we really never had to use public parking for long -term but I know the prices have gone up (the Monaco Hotel was $25 then) .. but Smart Park garages were good .. they are all over town, it might work for you :)



Overnight Parking


I%26#39;m just going to throw out this idea, which I realize may not be practical . . .



You could park at the airport for about $8/day and then take MAX into and out of downtown.




I don%26#39;t know how much the Smart Park would charge for overnights (you would have to contact them to determine exactly what the charges would be, as the rates differ between weekends and weekdays). While I park there during the day, on a daily basis, I might be a little hesitant to leave my vehicle there overnight, especially when there is so much extra foot traffic downtown, but that is just my opinion, flame me for it if you will.





There are a fair amount of above ground lots, especially near the foot of the Morrison Bridge, in pretty high traffic areas. Not sure what they would charge for 4 days of parking.




Thanks for your responses. Those are some good ideas. I%26#39;ve heard others are hesitant about leaving cars long term in Smart Parks...I hadn%26#39;t thought of the airport. I will definitely look into that.




boo bird,





I would NOT leave a car in Smart Park overnight, unless you want to come back and find it missing or missing items.





The suggestion of airport parking may be the better idea. Then take Max downtown. Not sure what the Thrifty Car (at the airport) rental lot is like....as in...I do not know if you can park there if you are not flying out using their shuttle, but it may be worth a try. They have people there 24/7 and the cars are behind a fence.





Also, you could check with a couple of airport hotels. You could tell them that you are flying out and want to know if you can leave your car for a few days. I have done this in the past and they have been very gracious. The hotels in question are: Courtyard by Marriott Airport; Shilo Airport Suites; Sheraton Airport. If you do that, make sure to check in with hotel staff before you leave, to make sure that they know that your car is there and not towed.


  • face blush
  • 1 comment:

    1. Hi Gracie,

      We'll, if you're in need of an overnight parking at San Francisco I can highly recommend Propark SF, they've got very affordable rates and convenient place. You can have a reservation online or visit their website at www.proparksf.com. I also love their staff by the way, so friendly!

      Hope this was helpful.

      Cheers!

      ReplyDelete